How to chose childs activity?

My dd will be 3 in Oct & Im starting to think about what activity should we put her in? I dont want her in alot & we dont have the money for it so I was thinking for now we will try 1 out & see how it goes...
But I dont know how to choose... ballet, gymnastics, karate.... Oh My..
How did you chose what to put your kids in?
(dd says she wants to be a ballerina, but i think its mainly from seeing abby cadaby, dont think she understands the connection of what it really means KWIM?)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• some places will your daughter try out a class (some for a small fee) but it's worth it for her to try something first instead of you paying alot of money if she don't like the activity. It's alot of choices out there.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• So put her in ballet, what harm will it do and it will help with her coordination later in life as well.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• When my youngest was 3-4 we had her in a combo class of gymnastics and karote. Half and hour in each class, 1 time a week for $45 a month. My older girls were in gymnastics in the place where they offered the combo classes. They also had preschool combo classes for ballet and tap. Call around and see if you can find a class like that.
    Homeschool groups often know about those sort of classes and might be able to point you in the right direction. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i took my daughter to watch classes for skating, ballet, gymnastics & karate. i let her choose. i let her know that whatever she chooses she has to stick with it til the lessons are over. then she can choose something else for the next time if she wants. my daughter chose ice skating, she moves up to level 3 in september.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009