can getting cervix exams help u dilate? ....added more..

well last week i had a exam done..she checked to see if i was dilating then she did a exam like u would get for a pap smear..ever since then i been aching more and more down there.. its not the baby cuz she is breech i can tell..
so do u think the doc doin a pap smear exam (and a exam to check to see if i was dialated)could make me dialate??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no it wont help at all
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yes, it will help!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I am confused about your question becuase you said that she checked you to see if you were dilated and THEN she did a pap like exam. Did she actually stick her fingers in your cervix to check you? If she did then yes, it can most definitely cause you to dilate more. Or did she just put the speculum in and do a visual check for dilation? In that case then no, it wouldnt cause you to dilated more because your cervix wouldnt be irritated.

If your baby is breech, I dont think she would have done an internal check so I am assuming you mean a visual but the way you worded your question was confusing
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• 1st she checked to see if i was dilating using her fingers then she did the pap smear thing a few mins after.. it wasnt my regular doc i see she took over for him for a week..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Then yes... doing a vaginal check can cause you to dilate more. The pap probably wasnt a pap, she was probably running a test to see if you are group B strep positive. I am surprised that they would want to do anything to your cervix with your baby being breech! How dilated were you last week and how far along were you?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009