help with bonding..

my DD is 8 months old and i really dont know how to bond with her, im not a get on the floor type, i have low energy due to a thyroid issue, so what can i do to feel a bond and play with her, what kind of things do i do for her/with her. i feel bad because i let her play on her own on the floor most of the days or we are out running errands, i guess im asking how do i have fun with her.. or is it wrong of me to let her play with herself on the floor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• JUST WATCHHER. SMILE AT HER HOLD HER KISS HER. SING SONGS, READ TO HER. GO FOR SMALL WALKS.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• like pp said, interaction. Feeding is a bonding experience. So is kissing booboos and even discipline. When you are doing housework or cleaning dishes, put her in the high chair and let her watch. Then explain what you are doing. Make funny faces and use odd voices. Kids love that. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• take baths with her,read her books,brush each others hair,scrible on some paper
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• you should get on the floor now while you can.... how are you going to chase her when she starts to run??

hold her, make funny faces, kiss her, tell her you love her everyday, read books to her, sing to her, talk to her, bathe her, changing diapers...alll our ways to bond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• you have low energy due to a thyroid issue so you cant get on the floor and play for a few minutes a day? thats wierd
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have Multiple sclerosis, Epilepsy, and just had a stroke on easter I am only 22 and I get on the floor with my almost 9 month old everyday. So I dont see why you cant. If its that bad you should ask your dr something, because if you cant do floor play now what are you going to do when shes three and wants and can ask you to play with her?
    faithfulmomof1

Answer by faithfulmomof1 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I put Emi on the bed and play with her there. I usually sit in a chair and look at her and talk to her and she plays. Sometimes I get on the bed and play with her. I get down on the floor, but only if someone else is home. My hips are all messed up and sometimes I can't get back up :/
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• thank you to those that didnt judge.. hmm.. i was in an accident as well and have an artificial kneecap and it makes it really hard on me to get up and down, didnt add that but should have whoops! but i do like using the bed as an option
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Even more important than playing NOW....is continuing to be there and communicating FOREVER. Bonding is not something made or broken in infancy....it's built every single day until you die.

Do what you can. The fact that you are worried tells me you're bonding just dandy.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I also have a thyroid problem and still get playing with my 9 month old daughter every day....some days are more busy but i still try to do something with her...just like everyone else said...even a little while out of each day counts, sing to him/her, play, dance, clap, color etc and you will feel so much better.....Good luck
    samaras-mommy

Answer by samaras-mommy at 10:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009