Coffee and Pregnant

I drink 2 small cups of black coffee every morning (at least m-f)... the rest i usually drink is water. I am not a big coke fan and etc. I have been craving it lately... but i watch how much i drink. Who else drinks caffiene? Would you think it would be best to not drink any caffiene a month or two before the baby is born? just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I drink a little glass of coke a couple times a week...I'm 35 weeks pregnant and it's fine. I've been craving coke, usually I'm a pepsi drinker. But go ahead and have some caffeine, just don't drink large amounts of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I spent about a week getting off caffeine when I found out that I was pregnant (that’s how some of my co-workers figured it out). There is mixed research on the topic; I choose to err on the conservative side and stayed off caffeine until my daughter self-weaned at 23 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• they say 1-2 caffinated drinks a day is just fine..the reason they tell you not to drink a ton is because the baby can become addicted to it just like anything else you do while your pregnant but 1-2 a day is fine specially if the rest of the day your drinking water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Try to go to 1/2 caf. My daughter drinks 1 every day to stay regular.
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 4:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009