Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much does it matter to you if people like you or not?

I'm just asking this question because I had stopped coming to this site for a while because I had questions that I wanted to ask but I knew that some people wouldn't like me because of those questions. I returned and I've asked some things and sure enoug some people didn't like me because of it. Anyway, at this point I don't really care. I realize that I can't please everyone no matter what. I'm just going to stick to being me. Does anyone else ever struggle with this too or is it just me?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (25)
  • I don't care if people like me or not. As long as I am happy and I am doing the right things... thats all that matter. You can't live your life making sure everyone is pleased with you.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • I guess I dont understand how people can NOT like you because of a question you posted. How do they know they dont like you if they dont know you? They might have not liked the question, but how do you know they dont like YOU, personally? No, I really dont care. I still sleep at night even if I made someone on the internet mad. Besides, we are all just faceless, nameless people anyway, right? As far as real life. I can do and be the best person I know how to be and people will still NOT like me for some reason or another. As long as I have not wronged them in any way, spoke negatively of them for no apparent reason, and been the best friend I can be, then they are going to have to get over it. I wont go out of my way to be their friend. Some people just cant be pleased. WHen someone is upset with me, I would hope they would tell me so I can make it right, but if they dont...I dont care. I cant please everyone all of the time
    momofsaee

    Answer by momofsaee at 3:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • As long as I like me (and the people I love like me), what else matters?
    rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • You can't care about whether people like you or not....especially on here, or anywhere on the internet. There are thousands of moms on here, just find the ones you like and that like you and stick with them. It doesn't matter if everyone likes you......just be yourself.
    robinann5

    Answer by robinann5 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • most of my life I tried to please people and friends and all I got was sh*t on, I realized that no matter what you say or do or how nice you are, people will always judge you, so now I live my life for my family and me, anybody has a problem with that, then they can just turn around and walk oway, cuz I'am who I'am and that's all there is to it.
    looovemybabies

    Answer by looovemybabies at 3:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • ya exactly cause alot cannot stand RKOLOMS and she still posts her annoying links day in and day out vs giving real advice heres a link..
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • i dont give 2 shits if you like me or not i am who i am and never will change for anyone
    mama2myAna

    Answer by mama2myAna at 3:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • When I was in HS I didnt care, and I would tell you exactly what I thought of you to your face. But now that im older and we move around alot for the military I am meeting more and more people and seeing how my honest and forthright attitude comes off as bitchy and I've had to change myself alot for it. My sister cant believe the way I have let some people treat me, all because I dont want people to hate me. It really sucks, and I can tell you I dont really like the new me very much. LIke who is this shy reserved person?
    cassie_kellison

    Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • my mom taught me early in life that not everyone in life is going to like you and vice versa. I worry about my family liking and loving me and not much else; especially those here on the internet. They only get to see or know one small portion of me (about 2%) the other 98% could only be known by knowing me personally and it helps if it's face to face.

    Remember that and you'll not be bothered by anything said on this or any other site.
    Ladybugkisses76

    Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

  • I could care less!
    heyitsurgirl

    Answer by heyitsurgirl at 3:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
The Joys of Parenthood

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Epidural worries