How much time do you spend doing God's job for him?

Watching Joyce Meyer last night, she was talking about how she was always trying to fix everyone. Fix her kids. Fix her husband. Fix her friends and neighbors. Make everyone be a good Christian no matter what. Then she realized that wasn't what she was supposed to do. That's God's job, not hers, and it was very arrogant for her to try. Her job is to be as good a Christian as she can and let God worry about fixing everyone else. So how much time have you been spending trying to do God's job for him instead of worrying about yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The scripture that went with it:
    Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Not enough time as i should
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You're not arrogant enough and think you should be more arrogant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Oh, I spent many years doing that with my bad leg! I just couldn't believe I wasn't receiving healing I'd prayed for,and well, thought I was always gonna be in pain. God, of course, had other ideas,and He gave me my healing when I finally turned it over to Him,and allowed Him to work His will in and through my life.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I agree we shouldn't fix noody that is the Holy Sprit 's work He is the one who convicts, who guided us who transform us.

Our purpose in this world is: Love God above everything else and then Love your neigbor doo good, do what is right even if the world is croked but never judge or condemn anyone because God is the Judge . One day the Judgment will be here for all of us christians and no christians so now lets just proclaim the good news to everyone we can and lets never get tired of doing good to everyone friends and enemies !!!!
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I wish more Christians had this belief. Then maybe they would stop trying to brow beat me with scripture trying to get me to change my Pagan ways.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yea I used to listen to Joyce myself.
    To bad and sad that she has chosen to keep the peace with sin. I really thought that she would stick with God's plan; but money talks and the world refuses to pay for truth. She just became another television preacher and a woman needing the bills paid.
    Another actor like the ones on TBN and some others.
    Jesus did not come to bring all the people and followers peace. He came that there might be salvation.
    I do not have to do God's work. He does not need the help of men.
    We as His followers and Believers do have a job to do.

Catch the fish and reel them in and let Him do the cleaning.

We have no power to save the lost. We can not offer salvation to anyone or fix anyone. We can direct someone to the straight and narrow path and then we are to back out and allow the changing, healing and salvation to the One that sends us.

There is NO SINNERS PRAYER in His Word. He is salvation.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• vero529
    ~~~~
    God Expects Us to Judge

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa. 37:30) A righteous person will talk of judgment. He will not REFUSE to judge. He will talk judgment.

"Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph." (Amos 5:14-15) How can you hate the evil and love the good if you refuse to judge? You can't. You are SINNING when you refuse to judge.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yes i seen this and i agree.. We try to fix people all the time when that is not what we are suppose to do we are suppose to tell them about the Lord and GOd will help them and take care of them...Thank for posting this :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Zip zero zilch!! Of course it helps that I don't believe in god.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009