What? Who does this guy represent? I thought it was supossed to be the people of his district? Rep Massa NY

Representative Eric Massa (D- NY) addressed an intimate group of Netroots activists during their annual Netroots Nation gathering in Pittsburgh this weekend. Mr. Massa reiterated his support for a single payer health care bill. He discussed the risks he takes for wanting to support such a measure in his "right wing Republican district."

According to Swing State Project, Mr. Massa won his 2008 race by two percentage points. The district's voting pattern index (PVI) is a Republican +5 seat. The National Republican Congressional Committee has the upstate New York congressman in their sights for 2010 along with 69 other House Democrats as reported by Politico. The transcript is below, and check out the corresponding video above.
cont

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 3:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• supposed*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It's called "taxation without representation" and the American people revolted against that once--these politicians might better watch out, it could happen again!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Some of those in congress have a feeling that what they think is what is right and best for everyone. They don't see the firestorm of people calling the White house and congressmembers. Crazy I know, how can you not see whats going on? I have heard some say " there are times when you just have to do whats best for the people even if they don't know what that is". NOT!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Exactly, these people are supposed to represent their districts, not their party. And THAT's what the libs don't get.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Our government has become more and more tyrannical and oppressive with each administration. Things are far worse now than they ever were when our colonial Patriot ancestors rebelled against King George. When will we finally decide we've had enough and revolt again?

We won't.

Why? Because people have been dumbed down to where many don't even know how bad things really are......and have gotten too damned lazy to get up from their boob tube or computer and actually DO something about it.

I hope I am proven wrong....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

The libs don't get it? Try NO POLITICIAN gets it! They are not representing US they are representing their own careers and will do and say anything to KEEP their jobs for as long as possible and a possible career in television afterwards....You think that is specific to Democrats? Thats laughable

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I think it is funny that you are complaining about this one dem, where were you when America wanted out of Bush's personal war? Politicians are slippery sleezy liars. ALL of them.
    oicmommy

Answer by oicmommy at 12:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Where were you? stuff that mess...so many want to assume.There were things I did not agree with GWB but far more I do not with Obama and I DID speak up about those things I did not agree with.I certainly did not try and shut up the people who hated him either..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my in laws vote in his area, he is so finished being a congressman in that area, the people arent happy-even babara boxer is on a slippery slope, but hey we have been complaining for yrs now about lack of representation, this election it would be nice to just vote all of them out.
    DawnPratt23

Answer by DawnPratt23 at 7:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009