Back pain, can't sleep, extra irritable, and 37 weeks along. I need help!

My back has been killing me the last week or so. I have been exhausted but can't sleep even when I take Tylonel PM. I am super irritable. I know that it is probably because of the back pain and lack of sleep. I feel bad for my hubby and daughter though. I keep snapping at them. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• heating pad? excercise? patience? i am not sure.... i am experiencing all these as well... not as bad tho. Good luck and will be thinking about you. maybe a pre-natal massage for you would help :)?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• o believe me i know what u are goin through!!! i am the same way but iam only 33 weeks!
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• back massager chair
    hot and cold
    gl I have been there...............
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Hang in there. You are almost done. Try sleeping different places. The couch always was so comfortable for me in the early morning hours when I couldn't sleep in bed. Try a recliner, try the floor! Also, isn't a heating pad bad for the baby?? They tell you not to take really hot showers because the baby can get overheated. I thought heating pads were big no-no's!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I had a lot of back pain when I went into labor I couldn't sleep and tossed and turned. The next day my water broke. They said the baby was ready (3 wks early) but was turned the wrong way. He came out face down and thats why I had so much back pain all through labor.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I am RIGHT there with ya mama- I havent found anything to help yet- its just a part of late pregnancy- Im 39 weeks, and I can't wait much longer-
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Go to www.spinningbabies.com There are techniques there to help baby move into a more favorable postion to get the pressure off your back; there is also a 'rebozo' technique where the ligamints in your belly are massaged gently with a scarf. And you can also look into getting a pregnancy belt to relieve the pressure off your spine.

Stop taking the tylenol, because it is not going to fix the problem and it isn't going to give you rest. It just makes you loopy.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009