For those of you who gave your infant cereal in their bottle....

when did you start? How much did you give them to begin with? If you think it's wrong DONT answer the question, please no bashing I am looking for some advice here from other moms who have done this.

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started when she was 10 weeks per drs orders for reflux. She got a half teaspoon per 2 oz. Now I only give it at night. She is 13 weeks and I give her a teaspoon in a 4 oz bottle. She seems a lot better with the reflux and she seems more content.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm not bashing, but for safety reasons you should NEVER give cereal in a bottle. If they child isn't old enough to eat solids, then they shouldn't be put in a bottle. It can cause them to choke and aspirate it into their lungs and having that in their lungs can cause infection.

Just be safe and don't do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I started mine at 2 months. Best thing I ever did for her. I gave her the cereal in the bottle just before bed and spoon fed it to her in the morning for breakfast, she loved it. Just put a little so it's not too thick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my doctor told me at my sons two month appointment that i could spoon feed him one or two tablespoons of cereal. i did put one tablespoon in his bottle though the other night, hes 3 months old now and it didnt do anything .. didnt make him sleep through the night. so im probably going to try and spoon feed him again soon.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I did and would NEVER tell anyone to do it. It is wrong. And it does not help them sleep at night.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• you can put a tablespoon,depending on his or her age shake it reallyyyyy well and he will be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i had to put formula in my daughters bottle from the time she was really young because she had horrible reflux, it was ordered by her doctor...and it really did help alot.. she got about a 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp per 2 oz........
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• im a nurse.. and unless they have gerd there is no nutritional reason for it and it is a choking hazard there is no reason for it at all, try to feed by spoon if you insist on them having it
    mama2myAna

Answer by mama2myAna at 4:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I was feeding my daughter applesauce at 3 weeks. Formulaalone did not satisfy her. Have you tried it?
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The ONLY reason my son got it is because the doctor and I had exhausted all of our other options and it was the ONLY way he would keep his food down. There really isn't any point in putting it in their bottles. it doesn't help them sleep better it doesn't make them fuller or anything like that. but it is bad for them unlessprescribed by a physician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009