"No!"

Do you ever feel like youre constantly telling your child "no" or "dont do that", or is it just me...? :(

BEXi

Asked by BEXi at 4:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• me and my mom were just talking about this. I asked my son a question and he didn't know the word YES. he's only 21 months but he said DEAL cause that's what I tell him, Ok lets go inside to change you very quick and we can come back and play, ok deal? deal! So it bothered me when we were playing and I was being silly towards his daddy and I said should the puppy kiss daddy again and he looked at me, searched for the word and said DEAL. Not Yes.. We should be saying Yes more don't you think? SO I am going to make a better effort when he says PARK? I will say YES, I WANT TO GO THERE. not just head straight there!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• terrible twos?
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I am assuming so... he used to be such an angel! LOL.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yes yes yes yes! try other forms of no..."dont touch" "get down" "walk away" "turn around"
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 4:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• lol I just yelled no my lo just stood up in his high chair and stuck his foot in his food.. i think "no" is the most used work in my vocab
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Lol, I try not to use the word "no" too much.. Nothing worse than when they reach the age and start repeating it over and over again.. Id much rather hear "dont do that" a million times a day over "no" any day! lol! Gotta love kids....
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009