Sex helps baby come????

They say sex helps the baby come faster. I need to klhave a logically answer. Why? And please support your fact

tremother23

Asked by tremother23 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Contractions in the female orgasm, for one. Also, semen contains a chemical that can stimulate labor.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• an orgasm can contract the uterus. I did this with my first daughter and IMMEDIATELY after i was in labor....didnt do it with my second cause if he looked at me crosseyed i screeched at him to leave me alone...LOL
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yes is true, but the baby must alos be ready.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• In the Hypnobirthing book (Mongan Method) it says:

"Semen contains the hormone prostagladin, which helps to soften the cervix."

and

"Kissing, hugging, fondling, nipple or clitoral stimulation triggers the hormonal connection between the breast and vagina, producing the natural oxytocin that can start uterine surges (contractions)"
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Baby will come when baby is ready. However, like julipickle2 said, semen does have the hormone which is known to soften the cervix (it is much like the hormone our body produced to soften the cervix). It won't make to much of a difference unless your body is preparing for labor. Nevertheless, sex is good because it reduces stress and continues to bond couples as they prepare for delivery.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 5:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009