How as a step mom should I deal with my son being abused by his real mom and her family?

I have reported it and have pictures to prove the abuse. No one including Child Protective Services will help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get the school involved. Get their pediatrician involved. Tell them what you've seen and what you suspect and show them your proof and just ask that they be on top of it. They are REQUIRED to report it if they have even the tiniest reason to suspect abuse. And CPS will listen to them far more than a stepmother, who is, after all suspect herself since Disney says we are all wicked and evil and trying to steal the children away from their REAL mothers...
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• keep trying. thats so sad. research it as much as you can & dont give up. poor baby =[
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 4:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Call them every day. Keep on them. File police reports. Annoy the shit out of people until you get something done.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• A child psychologist will also help.

Good luck to you and your family.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Can you sue for custody? If not, I'd still be calling until something is done. Why can't he get a guardian ad litem? Check into that.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• How do YOU know what is happening?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The childs doctor is a mandatory reporter, part of CPS's evaluation process is to contact the doctor and inquire as to their opinion. If CPS investigated and believe your concerns are unbased, they may see the bruises as normal for an active toddler.

My DS was returned from his fathers with what looked to be bruised finger marks (like he was slapped real hard) and they said it was his right to discipline him as he saw fit.

What are your sources for information in regards to the alleged abuse?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My husband and I had visitation and we have pics and video of bruises and neglect. I have seen bruises first hand since I was little. The bruising I saw was not from normal toddler play since I have a 5 year old and he never had bruises or bruising like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009