How would you help a new mom in need?

If you are out with your kids and you see a new mom struggling to carry things, would you stare and think "poor thing" or would you help her if you could?

cynthiaesquivel

Asked by cynthiaesquivel at 4:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I offer to help if I have a hand and really appreciate it when others help me.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Help her, duh.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i would help even if my kids were running a muck.. i was a new mom i know what the WAL-MART feels like.. i would ever want to do that agian.. lol so yes i so would help, carry whatever, so she could carry the baby, or if things are falling out of the cart get another and follw her so she has her hands for the babay and not all the crap flying out..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Seriously...
    I'd help her if I could - if my hands were completely full and I'd be more of a hindrance than a helping hand.. then probably not.
    But if I was just out and about with my kid - taking a walk with him, I wouldn't just stare and be like "Aww... sucks to be her!" and walk off. :/
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'd ask if she would like some help, and if so my boys and I would help.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would help, of course, in any way that I could. One time this mom with newborn twins was at the doctor and a cab pulled up outside. She asked if it was for me and I said no. She looked desperate for a second while looking down at her kids and looking out at the cab. I knew she wanted to run out and see if he already had a trip. I guess she knew I knew, she just looked at me like "can you ...." I said "of course" and I stayed with her two newborns until she ran down the steps to the cab. I would've helped her carry them down if A. the cab driver didn't help her and B. if I hadn't been 9 months pregnant with strict guidelines. It's very hard for new mommies . . . I am still one, my daughter is only 1 . . but I'm a lot smarter and wiser than I was a year ago.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If I see I help if not I don't.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 5:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm not sure, I wouldn't be comfortable with a stranger getting in my face or trying to carry my stuff.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I always offer to help. I have twins myself and an older child. They are bigger now but it's challenging to get a 2 1/2 year old and baby twins anywhere then to do anything, is doubly hard.
    So you ask and if they say no then you leave them alone.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I can't really help as I have 3 boys (6, 2, 6 months) and sometimes it's hard for me to manage my own kids since my husband deployed, lol. But I do try to hold the door for other people whenever the chance comes up...better than nothing I guess lol.
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 7:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2009