what is the age a child can be alone at home 13 or 16

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would say 13, but all in all- it depends for how long and whether you think they could handle it or not. Some kids are more mature than others =)
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 4:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I feel it all depends on the child. Some children are more trustworthy than others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I agree with anon.
    It depends on the child and their maturity level and trustworthiness.
    It's your call, Momma. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i say, if they can get off the bus, let themself in and NOT burn the house down than go for it.. I say 7 or 8h grade is a good start..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• For how long?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It certainly depends on your child and your own comfort level. However, be sure and check with your state. Some states have no official age. Others specify an age like 12.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i think by law its 12? thats what my dad used to say at least i dont really know
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I let my 12 yr old stay alone for a period of time. Like if we are going out shopping & she doesnt want to go. This year she is going to be coming home after school & staying by herself for a few hrs. She's prefectly fine. She knows what to do and not do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I read that link up there someone left. I think its ridiculous to say a 16 -17 cant be left alone for more then 12 hours! For gods sake there are some that age with kids of their own!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009