How big can a pregnant Boston's belly get?

My girl Lucy is a few days away from having her pups but she is huge! The last litter she had was only 2 big boys and she had them pretty easily but this time she looks like a pot belly pig. How many can they have in one litter?

sunstarznme

Asked by sunstarznme at 4:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pets

• Well before I was responsible enough to spay my chihuahua she gave birth to nine pups her first litter! She wasn't even big like that before giving birth, I kinda felt like I was in the movie 101 Dalmatians, she just kept popping one out after the other!
    The vets were astonished because chi's aren't supposed to have no more than like 2-3. I guess you really never know. It also depends on how many times she mated and locked successfully. Either way, good luck and I wish her pups the best... hope they have good homes to go to, took me 7 months to adopt my chis out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009