39 weeks, can't keep ANYTHING down-

I feel like Im starving, but no matter what I eat or drink It comes back up. I can't take it much longer, I'm hungry, I can't sleep, I can't walk to long, I can't sitdown to long- I just want to cry!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What foods and drink are you trying?
    Citrus Fruit? Berries? Vegetables?
    Water? Cold or warm?
    Juice?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• How long has this been going on? Are you staying hydrated? I'll call my doctor asap. It might be a bug, or it might be labor, or it might be something weird like a kidney infection.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Its been all day- I cant keep water down, toast, juice, dry turkey breast- NOTHING.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• When I can't drink cold water, I drink warm. If neither works I drink carbonated. If that doesn't work I switch to tea.

When I can't sleep, I try to encourage the baby to change positions (spinningbabies.com) if it is in a position that makes it hard for me to get comfortable. If that doesn't work, I sleep propped up a little bit on pillows (not a lot, just enough so I'm not completely flat).

If I can't sit down in a chair, I lay sideways on the couch, or sometimes I will rest with my hands in my arms with my behind up in the air and just relax for a while. It takes a lot of pressure off the back and tailbone. If I feel I'm stiff, I do "cat stretches".
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I find also that once in a while I have days where I just don't want to eat. One day is not a big deal. It might be really hot, or I might have eaten a lot the day before, or food is unappealing. Apples work well for me, berries, melons, watermelon. Things that are a lot of water, but not a lot of bulk. They don't take a lot to digest and I can eat a little at a time.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Maybe early stages of labor let us know!
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 4:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2009