NOT a debate, simple question. If u did not breastfeed, why not?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• daughter was a 23 weeker (micro preemie) I did pump though.
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 5:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Didn't produce enough milk to do any good, went through Chemo over 7 years ago, and possibly messed me up that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i didnt have enough support, really
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I tried and tried but no milk would come out :(
    mama2myAna

Answer by mama2myAna at 5:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My baby #1. I did for approx. 2 1/2 days after birth and was so frustrated why he kept losing soooo many ounces and his jaundice was worse and worse. Then about 60 hours after delivery my kidneys crashed and I spent the next 10 days in I.C.U. and next month on dialysis. I pumped and dumped briefly but it was worthless... couldn't take the milk out of I.C.U. to give him until my infections cleared up. So my Mom and DH played around with formula for awhile and eventually he tolerated Good Start.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• *would NOT i mean
    mama2myAna

Answer by mama2myAna at 5:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Supply did not meet the damand...yeah it happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I did with DS until I went back to work and couldn't pump. He was supplimented with formula from day 1 also-he was soooooo hungry ALL the time! With #2 DD-milk wouldn't come. She had formula from day 1.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My baby #2 I called in the hospitals provided as well as my own private lactation consultant and the consensus was too much morphine I was on, not safe. I got discouraged and sent back my breast pump, as taking less medication was not in the upcoming future. I didn't hold her much for a few days because she'd suck at my hospital gown, smelling my leaking milk and it totally broke my heart.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I didn't with my first because I frankly didn't know what I was doing. The only help I got was the LC at the hospital coming in and telling me it looked like I was doing well one time. I got spinal headaches and couldn't sit up for a couple of days due to my spinal for my c-section and I didn't know about the different positions I could have tried as well. Being so sick and tired I told the nurses to give him a bottle and after that he fought me when I tried to get him to latch on. On top of that I had no real support, nobody in my family breastfed and I split up with my son's father shortly after having him, it was a really messy time for me. After taking a class and having breastfed my younger 2 now I can say that if I had known a little more about how to get a proper latch and had some support I probably could have done it because my milk did come in well.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009