So how do they make the bubble bath suds fill the whole bathtub in the movies?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 5:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Entertainment

• They don't use "bubble bath." They use a detergent that produces a ton of suds. In fact, Robert Wagner got some of it in his eye when he was making one of his movies and was temporarily blinded for several days because it was so caustic. One way you can get lots of suds is to introduce something that keeps the water swirling-- like a jetted tub.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• LOTS of bubble bath.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• hey im not trying to promote but i used to wonder that myself... 'passion parties' has some brand of bubble bath thats called like 'luxurious bubble bath' and i used it once, i didnt even use that much and my whole tub was hollywood style! i was surprised!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Dishsoap and the faucet on full blast!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I put my bubbles in as soon as I start the water running, with the faucet on full blast, and I always have tons of bubbles. I think it also helps to have a very deep and/or wide tub. Mine is very deep, and it works great, whereas before I had a shallow tub and it didn't work so well.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I've used dish soap and laundry detergent, both worked better than actually marketed 'bubble bath', and to get the full effect I add it to the water and then using both my hands at the same time churn the water hard and fast, works better than using just the pressure from the faucet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had one of those "home spa" things that attach to the side of teh tub. Man, you turn that on and you will have suds like you wouldn't believe!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2009