I need a good book to read, any suggestions? I just finished the Twilight saga

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 5:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree 1000000000000000000% with the series True Blood is based on. It makes Twilight look like kiddie material. It's called the Sookie Stackhouse series, or the Southern Vampire series. There's about nine books out so far, I think. The latest one came out this year. They all have "dead" in the title, in case you ever want to check them out. The author is Charlaine Harris =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• A lot of people like the True Blood series. I just started it and I really enjoy it. I also read all Nicholas Sparks' books if you're looking for good romance books (he wrote A Walk to Remember and The Notebook).
    TheJBug

Answer by TheJBug at 5:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Are you up for another series? Try the Love Series by Jeanette Oke: Love Comes Softly, Love's Enduring Promise, Love's Abiding Joy, there is actually 8 books in the series they were made into movies although the movies were good the books are way better and the movies cut out about 80%of the books. If you read the twilight saga, you could read these 8 books because, they are not as long as the twilight books, ALSO, the Benni Harper Series by Earlene Fowler, there is about 15 books in the series, these are murder mysteries without the gore , set in a small country town with the town's museum curator as the self-made detective
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 5:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Seeds of Destruction, by William F. Engdahl will scare the snot out of you. You should be able to find it a your local library. You can read about it here: http://www.amazon.com/Seeds-Destruction-Hidden-Genetic-Manipulation/dp/0973714727

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. There are five in the series, if you're up to another series, that is. I read these when I was like 14, a few years after they were published for the very first time. The first book is Awakening, then Struggle, Fury, Dark Reunion, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the name is for the fifth book that was just published this year. You can find it in the same section as Twilight...there was also another series that I saw in the bookstore not too long ago, the people there said that if you liked twilight, try this out too. I haven't had the chance to read them but if you go into any Borders bookstores they should know what you're talking about. Good Luck!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 6:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The glass castle was a wonderful book!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 6:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The last book I read was The Celestine Prophecy, and I was enthralled!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If you enjoy a good vampire saga, then you MUST read "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. Delicious book!
    NoSlippy

Answer by NoSlippy at 10:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009