Will you have your Mom with you helping after the delivery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i did with my first son but not with my second i consider myself a pro....lol but i had my mom help me wash my first baby and she came to let me and my man get some sleep for the first couple days and it was great
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 5:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Nope. I'm actually hoping to put a ban on visitation for at least a couple of days, though I'd prefer a week.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• oh also like prev post with my first son everyone was over all day......with my second i said hell no when im ready i will call u i just had my mom and dad visit for a while cuz after having a baby and people over is just to much i didnt want to be rude and leave the room and my boobs got so engorged it hurt really really bad any ways do what u want but i recomend no one over for at least a couple weeks so you get a routine in and congrats on the lil one they are sooo much fun
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 5:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Why? I am a mom, I dont need anybody else's help to take care of my child! If I wasnt ready to do it on my own, I would have had him!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• *would NOT
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My mom lives in another state and she came in time for the birth and stayed a week, and I liked it alot but I put a ban on friends and things visiting because it would have been to much and I plan on doing the same with this one. My mom is going to come and visit for a few days and then she is going to take my dd with her to WI with her so they can visit and my dd can have special time with her grandparents and aunts and uncles who are also in Wi.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My mom stayed with Hubby & I our first night home. And then she would come over for awhile for the first week or so, help me clean and she'd cook our supper and watch the baby so I could take a quick shower...she was WONDERFUL. We didn't really have many visitors...so in that department we were good! lol
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We will let no one visit for at least the first week, that way we can bond as a family. I really believe that it will be best for my daughter (who will be 32.5 months when the baby is born) to get used to the baby being here before we have a bunch of people (most from out of town) coming over to see the new baby. I also think it will help us avoid some of the problems we had after Hayley was born.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 6:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We didn't with our son. My husband and I are totally capable, and he took some days off from work for when we got home. I think my son was 1 week when DH went back to work. Then it was just me and my baby :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Nah.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009