How do I get my 1 year old to sleep through the night?

I don't think there has been one night when she has slept all night. I have tried everything letting her cry then she cries so hard that she throws up and then everybody is up because I have to change the bed, I try not to give her anything to drink, then she wont sit, she thinks she can play. I have tried just giving her water and she throws it at me. I have tried milk in a sippy and same thing. Some nights she only wakes up once, others she is up every two hours. Please help I'm getting tired.

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she could be having growing pains or night terrors...talk to her pediatrician...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My daughter has always woke up in the middle of the night. She is a little over a year old and still wakes up once a night for a bottle. I either carry her down with me or I go before she completely wakes up but, that 5 minute bottle doesn't really bother me. Some nights I wish I didn't have to get up but, it just takes a minute. I have never let her sit there and want the bottle and I'm sure alot of it is habit but, I have never let her cry so i guess I gotta deal lol I don't have any advice for you just want you to know that I know what your going through. I don't ask her doctors either because I don't feel like listening to them tell me what to do. but, you might consider talking to your doctor for advice
    Justine1123

Answer by Justine1123 at 4:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have talked to the doctor and they say to let her cry....well I tried that and it didn't work. Thanks it's nice to know that I'm not the only one up at night.
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2009