How many people are sick and tired of women using "prolly" for "probably?"

I am so sick of the women on here and their horrible grammar. Especially if they are attempting to have a conversation or debate. Do they not realize that they are just making themselves look stupid. Now I'm not talking about simple typos. We all do those, but "prolly?" Come on. How dumb do you have to be? Or "in tails" for "entails." And we have all seen "there," "their," and "they're" completely screwed up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dunno. mayb cuz their not graducated from skool. It prolly cuz they lookin 4 the baby daddy.

LOL..couldn't resist. It grinds on my nerves too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I know! I feel like I'm the grammar police sometimes!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We'll both get bashed . . . but it annoys me also. I'm not afraid to say it. I always wonder if that's how they pronounce it also.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I am right there with you, sisters! I worry about them checking their children's homework...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i dont use it but i think it looks cute, like a diminuative :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• ooo what drives me crazy is pacifically for specifically.......um we talkin bout an ocean? grrr
    lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• *CRINGE* I've been told on here that my frequent use of "prolly" is very annoying. I absolutely hate poor grammar and spelling and whatnot.... but that's my 1 little weakness. I'm clueless as to the origin of where on Earth I picked it up.

On CafeMom I really don't care much at all if there's typos, spelling issues, etc.... I remember you ladies are prolly as sleep deprived as I am... trying to type a few lines before another grueling hour of cleaning crayon off the wall and watching your kids cheat at Candy Land. And when I see truly heinous typing I like to think perhaps she's nursing and/or one handed....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Okay, I think "prolly" is stupid because I think the writer is just trying to be cute, and agree that it only makes them look stupid.

But as far as bad grammar, it doesn't bother me in the least. Have you ever considered the illiteracy rate in the US? I think it's a small miracle when anyone knows how to spell and/or read correctly! Have you ever taught anyone to read? There are so many exceptions to the rules, that I understand why people have problems.

Why does "ai" have the "a_e" sound in sail or mail, but the "e" sound in said?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I try to annoy most of the bad grammar,because I am aware that when people are upset,sick,abused,mentally disturb,or can be dyslexia like my son,he's not dumb,stupid,he just has a problem seeing his words.Far as,how people help their children,my son is a very good helper in math,art, singing,modeling, and he loves history. So,please don't be so fast to judge a person,or call someone stupid because of their grammar,I know I do mis-spellings, I put commas in the wrong place,and guess what,my parents paid alot of money for my college,and also,there has been times I mis-spelled words on purpose,and the spell check will say,no mis-spelled words.Sometimes the spell check on Cafe-mom don't catch the mis-spellings.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Ok . . . anon 6:11--no need for the dramatics. I highly doubt any dyslexics will confuse Prolly for Probably .............................you're missing the point here.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009