Everytime my 15 month drinks a sippy cup of milk she spits throws up but poop is normal? Lactose intolerate?

kenedygrace06

Asked by kenedygrace06 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im not sure. My counsins baby well she is 2 now but she is lactose intolorant. and if she drinks milk she will have diarrhea and like projectile vomit. if she is just spitting up maybe the milk is too strong for her tummy? Try using part milk part formula fora little while longer. See if that helps. Or try soy milk if you think she may be. HOpe this helps! GL :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• See a GI doctor! Throwing up poop is NOT OK!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 6:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I know that by 18 months my daughter was nursing twice a day and drank water from a sippy. If milk makes her sick, don’t give it to her. She can get the good fats that her growing brain needs from egg yolk, hummus, tofu, avocado, flax, olive oil, etc. She can get calcium from dark leafy greens, sea weed, fortified plant milk (rice, soy, etc.), etc. Here is a great article on building healthy bones without dairy: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son went through so many types of formula by the time he was 6 months he was on milk based, lactose free formula. So maybe u should try some lactose free milk, thats what we had to use for a lil while and then he finally grew out of it. My son threw up even more on soy thats what led us to try the lactose free. I hope this helps
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• This happened with my daughter too. It was weird though when I was weaning her and only feeding her breastmilk at night and givin her regular milk during the day she was fine. But I stopped breast feeding her and gave her only regular milk and she would throw up to the point of dehydration. We would have to go to the emergency room and everything. Turns out she's lactose intolerant and something in my breast milk was helpin her break up what her body couldnt tolerate in the regular milk. Crazy right? But once I got her on Lactaid she's done great every since and she loves it. Just speak to a doctor they may refer Lactaid for you to at least try.
    Mommy-N-07-N-09

Answer by Mommy-N-07-N-09 at 6:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2009