I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! CAN ANYONE HELP

MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY 2 1/2 YRS OLD AND VERY TERRIBLE. SHE TALKS BACK ALREADY, SHE DOESN'T LISTEN TO NOTHING ME OR HER DAD SAY. SHE THROWS FITS. WE USE THE TIME OUT METHOD BUT THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKING 1 BIT. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE HER WAY OR NO WAY. JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE STRICT WE CAN GET. IF ANYONE CAN GIVE US ANY ADVICE I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

JKLIEBERT2004

Asked by JKLIEBERT2004 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 4 year old daughter is the same way so we started when she gets mad we go in her room take everything out until she has just her bed left no toys no shoes or clothe we pertty much make her room look like a jail cell, lol. then lock her in there and ignore her until she calms down then she can come out and act right she doesnt get her stuff back tho she has to slowly earn her toys back she get one toy a day back until she has them all back if she acts up b4 she gets them all back she dont get any for that day and we take away the ones we already gave her and start all over sometimes she has went about a month with nothing in her room. its working here she has been doing alot better,
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• first and ULTIMATE step is NEVER EVER give in! if you say timeout its timeout time...and timeout should be one minute for each year of thier age, and the time doesnt start untill they are sitting or in timeout properly...everytime she gets up, or runs away...lead her CALMLY back to timeout....if after a few times she refuses to do it, then its time to put her in her room for a while so YOU can cool down....once she is done with the timeout EXPLAIN exactly what she did wrong..do this rigorously for a few weeks and she will get the idea! but the one thing you HAVE to do is never give up!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My peds doc and I had this convo an hour ago but my son is 20 months old. Spank her and give her a time out.... good luck
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 6:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• NANNY 911!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009