Mirena?

Anyone using this , can you tell me anything about it. I thought about a tubal after this pregnancy, but starting to change my mind now. Do you know anyone who has gotten pregnant with one in place? What kind of side effects have you had?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• I had it put in a few months after having my ds. It feels like a contraction when they insert is takes like 3 mins. I had light bleeding for a month or so then nothing for 8 months had it taken out got pregnant again! It wasn't painful to have removed at all. My sister in law has had it placed and removed 4 times in 10 years for her birth control between her kids. It's great in my opinon. I will have it out in again as long as it is safe to BF with after this child. I will have to look into it.
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 6:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have one girlfriend who loves it and swears by it
    And I have one who had it put in when she went for her 6 week check up after having her daughter and hasn't stopped bleeding since then. The baby was born in May. Everyone reacts differently I would give it a shot before doing anything permanet
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have it, have had it for a little over a year. I have literally no negative side effects. When I first got it though I really didn't like it, because I bled a lot. But looking back I was also only 6 week post birth, so that could have still been due to giving birth..

But now I have very, very light, short periods (which is amazing), I don't have to worry about taking a pill every day, changing a ring or a patch, or getting poked with a shot! The best thing about it is that when we are ready to start trying for number two, all I have to do is go in and say, "Take it out!" All in all, I love it.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have had mine for three years and i love it. I spot for periods. And i have not goten pregnant. some women dont get periods at all when they have had it for over a year. and i spot every other month.Its a great birth control .I say go for it...
    Chawnae

Answer by Chawnae at 6:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Everyone had already said it! Mirena, we love it! I haven't had any side effects as of yet (I got mine in Oct of 08). I love love love it!
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 8:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009