I have multiple brusises on my head from my son hitting me with toys! How do I get him to stop?

He does it like every day! It used to just be annoying but now I actually have a black eye from yesteday!
I've tried everything I can think of...I tell him how much it hurts, put the toy up where he can't reach it, put him on time-out...What else is there?
He's 18 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Grab his hand before he hits you. Tell him, "Don't hit mommy". Take the toy away if he does it a second time. If he cries (and he probably will), walk away from him, or engage in another activity for a few minutes, until he calms down. When you're ready, give him the toy again and remind him not to hit you. You may have to repeat this a billion times until he gets it.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• tell him no, if he does it anyways, take the toys away and put them up. tell him he can have them back when he learns it is not ok to hit! Then give them back like an hour or so later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I've said Ow! and pretended to cry, told her that hurts me when she does that, and walked away from her. She hates when I do that and feels awful. When she falls or gets hurt playing I teach her that's what hurt means and she's put the two together.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• give him a spanking and tell him to quit u shouldn't have to go though with that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009