How many of you are secretly miserable?

As a mother I have made stupid mistakes. Now we are in a huge pickle and only have my stupid ass self to blame. I beleived a man that really had no grounds for my trust. Sometimes I wish that I would die so my kids could get my SSI. I feel like I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. I have no problem working. But when I was my kids suffered so did their therepy. Does anyone have good advice for me? Any bashing keep to yourself. I feel bad enough about myself already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we all feel at sometimes that we are not doing a good enough job, that other people seem to have it down and got it all figured out better then we do, I feel like giving up sometimes and just walking away from everything. I feel like everyone's life would be better if i was gone, BUT you know what thats just me being a negitive lil girl at those moments. I know my family loves me and know i am doing the best I can. You are not wrong for feeling this way just think about everthing you do or atleast try to do for your family, its ruff now, but guess what it will get better and one day your babies will be grown and you will know you did them right. They will always look up to for trying so hard and for never giving up.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Is he a cheater . . . a deadbeat dad? You can't blame yourself for his shortcomings. Love is blind and we can all make mistakes when it comes to love. It doesn't make you any less of a person. Keep your head up and stay strong for your child.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Not really secretly...those who care to know know.
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 6:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Well, everyone knows I have issues. I have anonymous people bitching at me daily, but whatever. I know this is a stupid suggestion, but have you talked to a doctor about what you're feeling? There's no need for you to have these feelings when there's help out there for you. I spent a week in the mental hospital back in April because I couldn't deal. It was extremely refreshing to get out of my life and recenter myself. I have a psychologist and a counselor now, and we're working on getting me on the correct meds for my depression and anxiety.

You're not the only one with problems, I promise. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others. If you ever want to talk, you can PM me. I'm going through a tough time too.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Honey,first of all you're not stupid,we as women have to stop blaming ourselves,when someone else hasn't done there job,your kids need you,if,you're having man problems let him leave, you and your kids will be better off. I will tell you like I tell my daughters,you are a good person and you deserved to be treated good,you are not a rug for people to walk on,and you are not a punching bag to be hit on.Take a long shower,go get your hair done,put you on a pretty dress and go sit at a restaurant,go by yourself, so you can relax and think,you need at least 1-2 days to focus on yourself,when you do that,then you can think more clearly. I am sending you hugs and good thoughts,I'm hoping good things happen in your life.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I am having a rough time lately as well I just focus on the good things in my life and try not to let the bad things get to me. I know it is hard but caitrawks is right if you are feeling that low then go and see a doctor and talk about what is going on with you. It is ok to feel like you can't handle things on your own, talk about it as much as you can and try not to fold it in on yourself.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Nope, thank god.
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 6:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• And the hardest step is the first one, going to the doctor. You have to swallow a little bit of pride and admit that you have a problem. It is NOT normal to feel down and out every single day of your life. Everyone has bad days, but when it's been going on for awhile, it's time to get help. I promise you, it will benefit you more than you can imagine.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• He's a cheater. He works. Not enough to provide everything though. I lost my job in April and am about to run out of unemployment. My kids are special needs and they suffered a lot when I was working. My dh is really incapable of making sure they get what they need. I am torn what to do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I can relate. I have special needs twins. What kind of special needs do yours have? Or do you not want to say? If that's too personal, I'm sorry. I don't have a lot of adult contact, so I'm kind of rusty on social convention. Where are you? Can I help?
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 1:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009