toddler beds

My ds is 17months old, he has never even tried to climb out of his crib. When should i put him in a toddler bed? im nervous about it. He would probably climb out of it. What about when he wakes up in the mornin? Knowing my son he would just be playing in his room & id have no idea. Some advice would be well appreciated! =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My pediatrician said to give it a shot when my daughter is 1. Climbing out of her crib or 2. When she is 3 years old.

But it is different with every child..
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my second child was climing out of her crib by ten months...she couldnt even fully walk yet and she still figured out how to get over the railing! we decided whats the point and put her in a toddler bed...she took to it like a fish to water.....
    basically enjoy the time in the crib while you can! lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We put my son in a toddler bed when he turned 2. He falls asleep on the couch and then we put him in it and he sleeps till about 7:30-8am. Once in awhile he'll wake up early and go into our room and I'll put him back in his crib, otherwise..he'll just throw a fit and stay awake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son is 19 months old and we just moved him to a toddler bed like 3 days ago and he is doing great in it. However he is in mine and my dh room so he comes straight to us when he wakes up & I just put him back in his bed with some water & he goes back to sleep. If he is in his own room & you think he will wake up & start playing, just put a baby gate across his door & put a baby monitor in his room so u will hear him playing. Thats what I did with my daughter, she would just yell 4 us through the monitor when she woke up. We only have 2 rooms so we just keep our son in ours right now. I hope this helps.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my son was 15 months old....he comes in m room and waks me up always has.....he comes running in my room and says mom......and i pick him up...put him in my bed and say what are you doin he laughs
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009