Has anyone ever taken Somas?

My doctor prescribed them for a back injury- to keep my back from spasming so much. But I have been doing research on them, and I am worried to take them during the day because I don't know if they are going to knock me out or not? Has anybody taken these? Can you really take them 4 times a day and stay awake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• yeah you can take that many a day but they kinda make you sleepy but not really they make you feel great....lol.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I hurt my back last spring and had to take flexeril for a while. I had the same concerns that you do but it turned out fine. After a few day's they won't knock you out so bad, and you'll just feel a little zoned out. I waited until my husbands weekend before I took them because I was scared that I wouldn't be able to take care of my kids. After your body has had a few days to adjust to them, you'll be fine.
    Are you supposed to take them 4X a day? Can you just take them as needed? I ended up only taking them at night and it helped enough that I could get through the day on just 800mg Motrin.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 6:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Try taking one at night first and see how it makes you feel. The first one or 2 made me tired, after that i was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• sometimes they made me feel al goofy and sometimes nothing....nw my mom n the other hand..lol no more somas for her
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You really arent going to know how you feel until you take them, everyone reacts differently to meds. I have seen some people take just one and not be able to function and others who can take more than that and be fine. I did work for a doc though that didnt like or recommend that med because of the side effects and potential for seizures in some people, but you wont know til you try taking one. Id make sure you dont have anything important to do and someone else at home with you until you know for sure. (and a good idea is knowing how you act on other meds, do things usually knock you for a loop? if so, you may just sleep real good)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:30 AM on Aug. 18, 2009