what can be causing my chest pains

i am going to the doctor this week but i was wondering if anyone else has or is going through this same thing. i have a sqeezing pain in my chest near my heart. i do not smoke. i am not on pms. this has been going on for about 2 months off and on. it comes quickly and last for no more than a minute.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• Have you been doing any lifting that you weren't doing the pains started? I had something that sounds the same, and it was due to the inflammation of the cartilage around my ribs. Ice packs and ibuprofen solved my issues.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Chest pains should not be ignored. My husband's cousin (who seemed to be in perfect health) dropped dead of a heart attack at 36.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• GERD or asthma have been reasons why I've had chest pains in the past. EKGs were run and everything. Don't remember them feeling like squeezing pains though.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009