Baby teeth that won't fall out?

My youngest daughter is 6 1/2 and hasn't lost any baby teeth yet. Both of her new teeth on the bottom front are growing in on the inside of her gums. The baby teeth are a little wiggly but only from side to side, not front to back.
Will the new teeth eventually push them out, or do I need to take her to a dentist?

Lornamay

Asked by Lornamay at 6:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• They will move forward on their own and the baby teeth in front will fall out. My teeth came in like this, and I remember having the baby teeth pulled. When my son's teeth came in like this, the dentist said they would move and fall out on their own and they did. I'm thinking that there was probably no reason to pull mine (way back when!).
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Call her dentist's office and see if they recommend moving up her next appointment

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My friends daughter just lost her first tooth yesterday and her 7th birthday is Dec. 2. They will fall out and your child can wiggle wiggle wiggle until it comes out. I would definitely suggest taking your child to the dentist though, just for a check-up.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My daughters has a little friend who is 6 1/2 and she doesn't have a single loose tooth. She is so upset about it because "all the other kids" are missing teeth. She was examining my daughters teeth this weekend and moaning about her own, lol. It will happen....
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• they will come out on their own, no worries
    ap.sahm

Answer by ap.sahm at 11:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have a realitive whose baby teeth didnt come out till she was 11.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My daughter had to have two top baby teeth pulled b/c they weren't coming out and there was no room for the perm teeth to come in. One of her perm teeth ended up coming in without me seeing behind the baby tooth. Now it's set back in her mouth and we have to get expanders put on her and eventually braces. I'd take her to see a dentist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• all kids are different!my oldest was 7 when he lost his first,and my second was 5.5.i wouldn't worry at all.no need to call the dentist!
    ainamama

Answer by ainamama at 12:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• all kids are different, i wouldnt worry about it to much...my daughter just turned 5 a couple months ago and her 2 bottom ones just fell out last week..she was so happy and excited, me on the other hand not so much... :( my babies growing up!! :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2009