Which one is "healthier" a cup of soda or a cup or KoolAid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I say kool-aid b/c of the HFCS factor in soda. but all that dye is not good either. So I'm going to jump on the "moderation" bandwagon.

DH gave our 3 yo kool aid the other day and when DS didn't like it DH was disappointed, "what kid doesn't like koolaid!?!" but I could've slapped him for giving our kid a whole cup of the stuff and coulda jumped for joy when he didn't like it :D I have caught him sneaking drinks from my Pepsi's every once in a while though...
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 7:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If the koolaid is made with sugar, and the soda is made with HFCS, then the koolaid is less junky

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You can literally use soda as a cleanser of your toilet and your car battery. I vote for the koolaid any day.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 6:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Koolaid in my opinion because it lacks caffiene and with soda all you seem to get these days is caffien!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 6:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• not if u do root beer :P
    mama2myAna

Answer by mama2myAna at 6:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Water, milk and juice!!!!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• neither of them is healthy. So use them in moderation. When the child is school age.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Generally speaking.. neither kool-aid nor soda is healthy, but (in my opinion) soda is worse.

It really depends on the kool-aid and soda, I suppose. A kool-aid made with natural sugar may be better than a coke/pepsi, but kool-aid would be worse than a natural soda from Whole Foods.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• They are both bad for a kid and neither are "healthy". Water, fresh squeezed juice, peppermint tea with no sweetner (has no caffine either) and non homogenized milk are all we have in our home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't know. They both have a lot of sugar. I'm assuming Kool-Aid because there is no caffeine, or whatever else they put in the soda.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 7:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009