does anyone have a child who is bipolar or adhd?

i have asked several differnt times about my son and what might be wrond with him well i think it may be a combination af bipolar and adhd. im bipolar and my dad is my aunt and several other people in the family. i looked it up and some symptoms match. but id like to hear symptoms and treatments from other moms. so anybody got any help to offer?

faith86

Asked by faith86 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get a professional evaluation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• im going to but just wanted to see if anyone hada chil like mine first
    faith86

Answer by faith86 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Ok well, maybe if you list the symptoms or things you've seen with your child I can help you out. My son is ADHD and ODD . I also have friends who have Autism kids. So maybe I can help you out. PM me if you want we can look into this together.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• 3 or 4 years old is way too early to diagnos bipolar. i have a mental health degree, and it's too young. and a typical 3 and 4 year old is full of energy so don't be so quick to think they are adhd. i'm not being mean, just don't create a problem that may not be there. or feed into a problem too soon. sometimes we create problems and that doesn't help matters any for us or the kids. but if all of you and your relatives have mental health issues you should know you have to start with your pediatrician and go from there for mental health evaluations.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• since you didn't really mention the specific symptoms, it's hard to say. that and look at his environment. did something traumatic happen in your life or your home that is affecting his behavior? experiences sometimes trigger behaviors. does that make sense?
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• 1- he cant understand direction.
    2-he is very hiper he cnt sit still for longer than a few moments.
    3-he has very bad anger problems. he hits screams for no reason, breaks things
    4-he zones out, like he dont comperhend any thing
    5-dont fear conquences.
    6- no punnishment even has an effect.
    7-he is constantly getting in to things.
    8- bed time comes and he wont sleep he jumps on the bed hits his brothers screams.
    9-he as rage aginst my 2 month old.
    10- theres no thought of what hes doing he just does what he wants.
    11-hes fearless in everything.
    thers more just thats some.
    faith86

Answer by faith86 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Seek professional evaluations. Do not try to come up with a diagnosis by yourself or from a message board.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would go have him evaluated. Some of your son's symptoms could be something like Aspergers or Autism. On the other hand there could be a medical reason you haven't found out about yet. I'd start with a regular doctor and have his hearing checked. I'd also consider baby sign language and work hard on the communication skills. He could be jealous of the new addition. Try setting time asside for just u and him. Hope these ideas help you.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009