How strong are baby's movements supposed to get?

It's honestly starting to freak me out how strong this baby is getting, she's got some power in these kicks, movements, punches, whatever they are.

The faint flutters and kicks were cool, this is scary. Is it supposed to be so pronounced?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• tears of pain?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• As it gets more cramped in there, she will move less. Rub your belly and talk to her!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sometimes my DD would push so hard inside me that my stomach would be some crazy shape!
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks, I feel crazy talking to my stomach, so no thanks. She can listen to me when I talk to myself.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Mine would sometimes kick so hard that she knocked the wind out of me. Once it got too cramped, 33 weeks it was more of a stretching and that was uncomfortable too as her butt was always in my right rib and her foot would get tangled in my left rib (not litterally but it sure felt like it)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't mind when I get kicked on my belly, but when they kick towards your back - Wow!! I swear my organs get bruised! Lol. Even when it is cramped I still got kicked hard, but less often. What is amazing is when you have the baby and recognize movements you felt inside of you. I remember my firstborn and the rythm he kicked in inside of me. After he was born we realized he was doing that right when he fell asleep! Really neat.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You feel crazy talking to your baby and you don't feel crazy talking to yourself? That IS crazy!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yes my 2nd child was very strong and hurt me quite often in there. Sorry hun but if you're only 28 weeks she's just gonna get stronger, it's rough but just hang in there. Sometimes if you switch positions or move around they'll ease up.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Totally normal for baby to give strong kicks. What you should be concerned about is stillness for a very long period of time. When you get very far along in your pregnancy, the baby will be quite cramped and movements will not be as pronounced, and that is normal. Baby just doesn't have that much room left to kick then.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 7:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I am 32 weeks and I swear my little guy is trying to push holes in my abdomen, there are times he pushes so hard (like right now) I'm afraid he may actually hurt one of us...the big kicks and hits that used to shake my whole belly stopped last week (those hurt briefly but looked really cool), now he just does these massive pushing moves...the doctor told me it's him trying to stretch out or turn around and not having enough room, but holy geez they hurt!
    jdouglas111

Answer by jdouglas111 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2009