Did your older child started to act differently (kicking or hurting you) once you were pregnant?

my 3 year old still does not know i'm pregnant and i'm not showing yet but she has decided to start abusing me, i would be on the couch she wants that spot, starts kicking me rigth now i was on the bed and she was just looking for ways to kick me and time outs are not working anymore, also she screams but those pitch screams that are hurtful to your ears, is it a 3 year old thing or what? a little help please

sodapple

Asked by sodapple at 6:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Go back the the basics of time outs. Put her in the corner and make her stay there. Tell her no hitting. Is there a reason why she started hitting? Like something she seen on tv or a cousin or daycare? Anything? Maybe she's feeling your tension a little and needing some other structured one on one time.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my daughter was 3 1/2 when I had her baby sister but she does have a older brother. She started just acting out close to the end of my pregnancy and right after she was born.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes my daughter is slowing changing over into a mad woman or shall I say mad baby. She talks back and throws tantrums. I've never had that problem before but I handle her by timeouts and taking away favorite toys.
    Se-Se

Answer by Se-Se at 10:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009