Are there any websites or anything that show you how to do infant CPR?

I can't believe I don't know how to do this...I was sitting in traffic today and realized I don't. Anyone know any websites that show you how?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://depts.washington.edu/learncpr/infantcpr.html
    http://depts.washington.edu/learncpr/videodemo/infant-cpr-video.html
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My hospital had a class for it, cost me $5
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Oh and one more thing...when you give breaths, only force the amount of air in that it would take to inflate an unrolled condom...most infants come in to the er with exploded lungs from too large of breaths given.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't know any websites, but u can always go 2 ur nearest hospital and find out where they have classes. I know red cross does classes.
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• www.redcross.org

Contact your local chapter, take a class; local hospitals also often offer classes. No one should have a baby without taking first aid and CPR (didn't your doctor tell you to take a class?). I wouldn't let my 13 year old babysit without taking a class (she is getting recertified next week)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i googled it and found several great sites with demenstrations, and then I watched "The Doctors" and they did it exactly as the sites i had seen, all of them stressed the importance of not blowing too hard.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 10:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009