Can I have your opinion on this?

My job at walmart is severely understaffed. We only have like half the people we really need to run a whole department. Anyway, I start school and I need to work four days instead of five like I was. I also have a son at home I would like to be with. A part of me tells me "Keep your hours and don't leave your coworkers hanging" but another part of me says "Its not your fault walmart is shorthanded, your school comes first." I need to cut down to four days a week instead of five. Would it be wrong?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hell not that wouldnt be wrong u need to look out for urself! walmart needs to look out for themself too by hiring more ppl.. its not ur job to keep walmart runnin it walmarts job
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Nope, in the end you need to think about yourself not walmart. Walmart is not going to always be there to put a roof over your head and food on your table. You need to take time to better yourself so you provide for you and your son.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• sry i ment to put no and not , not
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• you sound like a loyal employee. But do what YOU have to do, don't worry about Walmart. just like with any job, if you were gone tomorrow they would just replace you. I was working a place once and an employee was killed in a car accident, although we were all very sad, his job was post by the end of the week.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 7:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You gotta do what you gotta do!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• OMG, my best friend just quit Wal-mart a few weeks ago because she said they were understaffed,and they wouldn't hire more people,she said what made it worse the shift before her wasn't doing their clean ups in the aisles and departments. Do whats best for you and your family.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009