What should I do? Alabama or Ohio?

I don't know what to do. I just moved back to Ohio after living almost 7yrs in Florida. I moved here to be with my family. Now my mom wants to move to Alabama with her, but only her. None of my other family is going. I don't want to lose my mom, but I want to be around my other family. I just don't know what to do. My mom stayed she would stay up here if my doctors said I'm not fit to travel, but they gave me the go ahead. What should I do?

evilmomof2boys

Asked by evilmomof2boys at 7:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell her you do not want to move.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It's hard to give advice, when we don't know more about you, your relationships, or your family. But you're going to have to go with your heart on that one. Most children do grow up and move away from home. They make their own family, and go to visit the "old" one on holidays.

My husband came from a very close-knit extended family. All his aunts, uncles, sisters, cousins, and relatives lived in the same small farming town. I came from a very close knit immediate family - just my four brothers and sisters, mom and dad, no other relatives. Both our families wanted us to spend time with them - We had to celebrate Christmas FOUR TIMES! Our private at home celebration, then Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas day with his family, and Christmas dinner at his Grandma's house with his extended family. It was rough. So we moved AWAY from our family, so we could establish our own.

You'll have to find where you belong.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 7:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Ty so much. I have two little boys and they love their family.
    evilmomof2boys

Answer by evilmomof2boys at 7:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Where is the best school system?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009