4 cm. & 90% effaced

What should I be expecting.. this is my first pregnancy & nervous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i got to 4 cm i was IN labor. they put me in the hospital......sooo ummm...WELCOME TO MOTHER HOOD!! lol...just try to relax. and walk.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You could go into labor soon or not for several days. Don't over exert yourself with too much excitment.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You are on the brink of having a baby. Are you having contractions? If not..start walking. If they aren't regular, keep walking. 10% effacement is not a lot and only 6 more centimeters until you push. Take deep breaths and try and relax. I know it's hard...but the babys is going to come whether you are relaxed or not...it's just easier for both of you if you are. Congrats!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't feel anything at all, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You aren't in labor unti you're having contractions. I was 80% effaced at 5cm and still walked around for 2 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• AH! I just want to have the baby now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I would suggest not getting checked any more, it will just drive you crazy. Just relax. It will happen when it happens.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm jealous - it took me a lot of work with contractions to get to 4 cm! Feel happy that your body is doing what it needs to do without the pain of contractions!
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i was 4 cm and 50% effaced at 28 wks and i had my dd at 38 wks. unless your having contactions then just relax. your baby will be here soon.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You might expect any of the usual early labor symptoms sometime sooner or later. Some women are already in labor at that progression, others walk around that way for a long while...
    Good luck! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2009