Any teen/young moms breastfeeding?

I just turned 19, and have been breastfeeding for almost 6 months now(hoping to make it untill she weans herself). But no other teen/young moms I know have made it this long, or didn't try at all.
I'm just curious how many young moms actually do it.

Not trying to start a fight, I'm just wondering.

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 7:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my first at 19 and breastfed til 10 mo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Not a teen mom, but I would like to say...GOOD JOB Momma!
    Anonymous

• I was 16 when I had my oldest. I breastfeed him for 4months. And was 17 when I had my youngest. I breastfeed him for 3 months, but had to stop because he got a really bad case of jaundice.
    evilmomof2boys

Answer by evilmomof2boys at 7:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You should be proud of your self,usually teen moms don't want to breast feed not knowing that it is the best for the baby.
    yakisoba2

Answer by yakisoba2 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• You should be very proud!!!!

I was an old mom (35) and breastfed until my daughter self-weaned at 23 months (and worked fulltime).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I am. I was 16 when I breastfed my first. This is my second at 21, now I am 22. YAY for you! Seriously! Too many moms just don't bother. For me it was never an option, other than a medical problem after a few months with my first because I wasn't properly taught.
    youngs_wifey05

Answer by youngs_wifey05 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I had my son at 20, and breastfed him until he self-weaned at 14 months old. I'm about to have my second baby, and will breastfeed him/her until self-weaned. You aren't the only one - there are more young breastfeeding moms out there! :D I have a large group of friends all in their early twenties that exclusively breastfeed their babies.
    :)
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i BF with both of mine. little one is currently 4m
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm 34 and have 4 children(18 thru 8) and breastfed them all. I think the area you live in and your friends and family are a big influence over whether breastfeeding is attempted and if it is successful. Good luck!
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 10:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i'm about to turn 22 next month....i had my son in january and have BF since the day he was born and still going strong! i want to continue to BF until he turns one! 5 months to go!
    smb87

Answer by smb87 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009