Breast Pumps?

What's the best breast pumps? (Manual and electric please!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you're going to pump exclusively. Medela Freestule or Pump in Style. No other pumps need apply.

Be aware that it's a commitment of pumping every two hours around the clock, until the first birthday if you want to avoid formula entirely. It CAN be done but it's a lot of work so be ready for it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The answer really varies depending on your pumping needs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have never tried manual pumps, but i really liked my Madella electric double pump the best. I only used it with my second son because he could not latch-on, so i used it 8x a day for 7months!!! It worked great for me.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• For my needs, I love the Medela freestyle. It's a lot smaller than the basic pump n' style and it has the hands free attachments included! It also comes with the soft breast shields which the pump n' style does not. It is a dual pump but you can make it single and it has a rechargeable battery! I personally believe that Medela pumps are the best and have tried 3 different types! Out of all of them my favorite was the Freestyle but they were all worth the money!! Good Luck!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 8:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I had the Medela Pump in style. It had everything. It paid for itself in the long run and now it sits in my closet collecting dust.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• OP here I plan to pump exclusively so something that's going to give  me more bang for my buck and my time!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009