Thinking about cutting off a person in my life but I can't seem to shake her....

See I do her hair for a VERY low price. I've given her many free things, and helped her many times. She says she's my friend but only when she wants something. She invites me to hang out then expects me to pay for her drinks(I told her I'm not screwing her so I'm not paying for her!). I thought she was my friend for a long time but I'm seeing a pattern and I'm finding some inconsistencies with facts that she relays to me over time. She likes to make people feel guilty if they don't do what she says. Today she came in to my shop got her hair done for barely nothing then says she can't afford to tip but she's going to the bar. I'm ready to cut her off altogether. I want to be tough but I will say she is a damn good manipulator! I get all tied up in my mind when I go to do it! I need to, I want to, but I keep getting dooped!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tell her she is going to have to pay full price on her hair cuts. Stop paying for things.Or just stop going out with her. just say "I'm busy". Do not answer your phone. Do not call her.

Answer by louise2 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• She's not a friend! And she's taking advantage of you because you're letting her!! CUT HER ASS OFF!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• See okay, I get all that. I'm scared she's going to trash me and I will lose clientel over it. I've gotten pissed at her, she begs and says she's sorry. Yes I have been avoiding her. She showed up today, and I think I'm done. I just want to make sure I don't allow her to manipulate the situation any further.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• something for nothing and your kicks for free.......ya i have one of those.ignore her for a while betcha she will come crawlin back.they always do.tell her your boss said no more free hair cuts....and when you go out for drinks say you dont have anymoney.watch what happens when the shoe is on the other foot////
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• In cutting off someone who is a great manipulator you might lose a bit but in the end you will gain even more.

Dont worry about what MIGHT happen just do it, tell her you cant go out with her, tell her the economy has shifted to a point where you cant discount her like before, etc. Cut her off now otherwise you will never ever get her out of your life and will always be at her beck and call.

You dont need that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I agree with Nana. Tell her it is coming from your boss about the hair and she needs to pay full price. Tell her you don't have time to hang with her and that you don't have money to go out or at least to pay for the both of you. This one isn't your real friend Mamma....this one is out for all she get can for nothing. If absolutely necessary....just let it fly and tell her how ya really feel when she makes you mad sometime. And tell her at that time that she can consider herself 'dumped'....that's it, no sh**.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• People will only hurt you or use you, if you let them. If,you do hair good,and you have loyal customers,they won't walk away from you.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Uh, yea!! :) Ditch her! Anyone who uses you like that is not a friend.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009