Bible following Christians: Is there a sin your child might do that would make you no longer claim them as your child?

This is kind of related to another question, but I don't want to hijack the other post. Could you child do something that would make your turn your back on them? Is there a difference in turning your back and not approving of their behavior? Is so explain.

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 7:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Never, I will be there for my kids No matter what... I will be praying night and day. for my kids to make sure they know I love them and will ALWAYS BE THERE FOR THEM...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Nope !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Never. My children will always be my children, no matter what. I could be upset, angry, disappointed, hurt.....but I would never NOT CLAIM my child as my own. I will love my children unconditionally always.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't think there is anything that any of my children could do that would make go to this extreme. I can love them and have them around without condoning their behavior. I think I would still welcome them if they were engaged in a lifestyle that goes against my beliefs (selling or using drugs, prostitution,ect.). When they come to visit they'll have to leave those things at the door.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I could never turn my back on my children. However, if they were engaged in behavior I didn't approve of I would tell them.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• No. I would never turn my back on them. I would grieve a ton and not support them in their decision, but they will always be my child. It irks me when you see parents standing in support of a child who molested or murdered someone. Even some who will help their child hide from the law. While it would kill me, I would not help a child run or hide. If they sin they will have to face the consequences. I will be there loving them, praying for them, and supporting them - but not supporting the sin.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• HELL NO!!
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 8:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yes & no...sexual crimes or murder (not self defense) i would prolly be too ashamed to admit to someone that they were my child. i would still love them & prolly visit them in prison, but i would be so extremely disappointed. i wouldnt want other ppl to know that i raised a person who could do that.

now if you meant sins that dont harm others, i would do everything in my power to help them. they would know i disprove, but that wouldnt make me love them any less.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Is this refering to the bible verse that says that God should be above your children?
    MorriganzMommy

Answer by MorriganzMommy at 8:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have unconditional love for my child. I can love my child without loving or condoning their behavior. My love for them is what would bring me to pray, minister to them and help them change their behavior :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2009