Sore tender spot on my stomach??

I am 29weeks pregnant & as I was feeling my belly for kick counts & noticed there is one spot on my stomach that is very sore & tender to the touch! It is about 2-3inches diagonally left of my belly button. The tenderness is as if I had a major bruise, but I see absolutely no discoloration (other than a few stretch marks nearby) & I haven't gotten hit in the stomach or anything. Is it normal to have a tender spot or is this something that should be looked at right away?

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup, very normal. These spots may be caused by stretching of the skin or muscles. They may also be caused from your baby "poking around" in there. No need to worry. If you are still unsure or not comfortable call your OB or write down the ? for you next office visit.
    GotteAClue

Answer by GotteAClue at 3:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• its normal, well for most anyways i get that too with all my pregnancy from about 27 weeks on, it will get bad then it will go away and come back..idk what it is from or anything but maybe someone on here can help u find some relief from it.i just wait it out....
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I get spots like that. They are sore from the baby being right there in my case. I get them when he lays in one spot of sticks a foot or knee or elbow or his head and leaves it there. Feels just like I should have a huge bruise, but I never do.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2009