What should I say?

So my sister is living with me and it is really hurting my marriage. She hates my DH and it's very obvious. She negative and petty. Anyways I told her she could stay until the school year ends so her son could be in one school. But now we want her out at Christmas break. I don't want to completely ruin my relationship with her or her son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I would just tell her straight up, either she gets it together and stops the drama or she has to get out because you are not going to let her destroy your marriage. I know how it is, my hubby and I had my friend living with us, and her daughter, because they were essentialy broke and homeless. It started to affect us because she was very conniving and negative, so we had her move out. I know it's harder with family, but give her the ultimatum. Knock it off, or out by Christmas.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Tell her to get out. Your husband comes before your sister. Tell her she can use your address to keep her son in school, but she needs to hit the curb.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Your husband comes first, especially if she is treating him like crap. What if the situation was reversed?
    Calmly state that you will no longer put up with her negative attitude, and that you expect her to be out no later then 2 weeks. Do not give into her emotional manipulation. Keep your cool, stay rational, and put your marriage first. You will be glad you stood up for yourself.
    squish

Answer by squish at 9:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009