will you now question all the other outrageous claims made by them?

GOP Rep. Roy Blunt of Missouri has promised to stop spreading a health care falsehood that’s been widely bandied about on the right after his local paper fact-checked his claim and called him out for fibbing

Blunt claimed to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he wouldn’t be able to get his hip replaced in countries with socialized medicine, prompting the paper to respond aggressively in an editorial:

Rep. Roy Blunt, R-Springfield, knows a thing or two about health care. But some of what he knows just isn’t true.

“I’m 59,” Mr. Blunt said last week during a meeting with Post-Dispatch reporters and editors. “In either Canada or Great Britain, if I broke my hip, I couldn’t get it replaced.

We fact-checked that. At least 63 percent of hip replacements performed in Canada last year and two-thirds of those done in England were on patients age 65 or older. More than 1,200 in Canada were done on people older than 85.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• In a subsequent conversation with the paper, Blunt claimed: “I’m glad you pointed that out to me. I won’t use that example any more.”

The kicker: Blunt, as it happens, is the head of the House GOP Health Care Solutions Group, something Dems are likely to seize on in the context of his new admission of, er, error.

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/political-media/house-gop-leader-vows-to-stop-spreading-health-care-falsehood-after-local-paper-busts-him/
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• here she goes again! i suppose if i was also unemployed and had nothing better to do with my time, i could post pages of democratic 'high crimes and misdemeanors!" get a job already! oh, you can't, i thought obambi was going to take care of you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• NO MONEY TO PAY FOR UHC. NONE. Not to mention ALL the bills are full of partisan BS. Has it always been this way. YES. Are people SICK of it.....Well I Am guessing That's why the man who ran on the CHANGE platform got his no experienced butt elected. Lets see some DAMN CHANGE!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sweet-akins, those who will argue to hear their own voices will never see to reason or to the real truth because they can't see beyond the piles of crap on the end of their noses.

Interesting post!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 8:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• NO MONEY TO PAY FOR UHC. NONE

So anyways, what about the in your face LIES that are being told?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

I don't need President Obama to take care of me, my husband does...and you seem to stalk me everytime I'm on here..what do YOU do for a living??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

two way street my friend, two way street
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yeah he was wrong instead of not getting a hip replacement ever, he just wouldn't get one for a good year or longer. Yeah he was FAR off!

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2384274

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• NO MONEY TO PAY FOR UHC. NONE

omg...so we DON'T have a huge deficit?  So they aren't predicting a trillion dollar price tag on UHC?  Do we HAVE a TRILLION DOLLARS?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  How the heck is THAT lies?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• No, I won't believe them. The problem with this theory of yours SAK, is that you assume that the masses are only listening to their leaders instead of reading it for themselves. With the radical change in direction our country has taken it isn't so hard to believe that the incomplete language in the HC bill could lead us down a slippery slope. Perhaps you are too trusting or naive, or perhaps you don't care as long as you get your free care. And if you ask, most conservatives don't have a problem with health care reform, but rather they are against a government run system. Maybe you should write that down and repeat until it sinks in.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009