Woodstock DID YOU KNOW

• Woodstock Music and Art Fair took place August 15-17, 1969

• Woodstock was described as an "An Aquarian Exposition, Three Days of Peace and Music"

• Woodstock drew 400,000 young people to Bethel, New York in the Catskill Mountains.

• The festival created massive traffic jams and extreme shortages of food, water, and medical and sanitary facilities.

• No incidents of violence occurred at the Woodstock festival.

• Most of the 80 arrests at Woodstock were made on drug charges involving LSD, amphetamines and heroin.

• Marijuana smokers, estimated to be the majority of the audience, were not arrested at Woodstock.

• Three accidental deaths were reported at Woodstock.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• • The Festival had been scheduled to be held in Walkill, New York.

• After Walkill townspeople objected, it was moved to the 600-acre farm of dairyman Max B. Yasgur.

• The organizers of the festival, John Roberts, Michael Lang and Joel Rosenman, had originally estimated expenses, to be covered by admissions fees, at $750,000.

• The crush of spectators, however, caused ticket-taking to be abandoned.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• • Ultimately, Woodstock Ventures, Inc. spent $2.5 million while collecting only $1.5 million.

• The $1 million debt was to be offset by a film of the festival and recordings of the music.

• Acts at Woodstock included Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Joan Baez, Santana, The Who and a nascent Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

• Festival featured 33 musical acts

• Janis Joplin was paid was paid $7,500 at Woodstock.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Cool. I was in my mother's womb at the time. I was born two months later.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I was Soooooooooooooo angry my mom wouldn't let me go. That sucked that I missed that. Moms just don't understand sometimes what's important to a teen!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i knew most of those..it ended on my birthday..TODAY! i loved woodstock and every year on its next anniversary i always make it an ocassion..and my birthday is worked in there:)
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I so could have been born there....well, had my parents an interest in rock music! That concert would have rocked. I have seen the film many times....what a hoot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I was taken to a lot of Woodstocksy type festivals when I was little. I still have a penchant for the music (not the drugs).
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My mom also wanted to go, and at first my grandma said yes, so my mom bought the tickets. When she told my grandma she was leaving to go, my grandma pulled her into the house by her hair and told her the fires of hell wouldn't take her there (in Italian). So my mom had to sell the tickets.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My Dad was at Woodstock.. He was a camp counselor at the time and had the weekend off! They bought some beer and went to listen to some music.. Little did he know.. :)
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I was 4 years old, and my parents weren't into that kind of music....I really wish I could have been there, and not been 4 though! lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009