What is your kids favorite 'generic' toy? A fly-swatter?

So what is it they prefer to all their expensive toys? The 2 for .99 cent fly-swatters? Cardboard boxes? What is the oddest thing your child is obsessed with playing with?!?

VintageWife

Asked by VintageWife at 8:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter loves playing with toilet paper. She wraps herself in it, rolls and unrolls it, throws it down the stairs, tries to help mommy clean with it. Just about anything she will do with toilet paper, including trying to feed it to the dog. LOL.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 11:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• A jewelry box... my hubby gave me a ring for our anniversary and my daughter loves the little box it came in! She is playing with that little box almost every day for the last 6 months!
    She also loves to play with shoes... Putting them on, walking around, taking them off... lol
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My baby is learning to walk by pushing around a Pampers box. She loves that thing. And she loves cardboard coasters from restaurants.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• How old is your daughter? My son is 2 and he loves to play with ring boxes and shoes too!
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 8:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• @VintageWife
    that's funny... my daughter will be 2 in September!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my 9mo loves playing with the travel wipes wrapper. he likes the crinkly sound it makes when its empty and just the plastic wrapping. its the only thing he'll play with for a long period of time.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• When my children were little....for some weird reason they were fascinated with an everyday squirt bottle that I filled with water for touch ups on their little hair dos. They used to get such a kick out of squirting each other with it.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 8:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My son loves playing with his plastic spoons.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My 2 yr old has to take 3 things with him when we leave the house. Usually 3 odd things that have NOTHING to do with eachother. We call him McGuyver (spelled it wrong). My (almost) 6 yr old usually wants to take food with him wherever we go (and he is skinny for his age).
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 8:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My jeep doesn't have the best AC we use a squirt bottle in there to cool off and she loves that too!
    She's also crazy about flash cards.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009