Has anyone ever found a lump in underarm?

I found a lump, or knot 2 days ago in my underarm. I have made my doctors appt. But until my appt I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this. I am trying not to jump to conclusions, but it would help if I could hear from other moms who have had this. My grandmother, and her sister have both had breast cancer in the last 2 years, so my risk is raised. Please help me stay calm.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Health

• Its good to keep a check on knots like that.

But I have had several that turned out to be an inflammation of a hair follicle probably from deodorant, (this is what the Dr said) a couple of days no deodorant cleared it right up.

There are also lymph nodes under there...they can swell if you have a mild infection of some sort.

So get it checked...but there are plenty of other things it can be ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• ok it could be swollen glands or an abses like an abses tooth. bactiria build up, if get gets bigger and painful red around the sight then almost positive its an absess. they might lance it bandige it up and give u a antibiotic..also dry a non clogibg soap and deoderant. ( i use dove non scented and a degree deoderant ) i have had a few lumps underarm and they suck. painful cant move my arm..and they can spread ( like if u shave underarms then your "area" yeah u take the chance of getting a lump there.. ( i would take labor again verse a lump ) i actully called my mom and asked for a pain killer thats how bad it hurt and im not a pain killer person.. message me if u have any questions and i hope u dont have what i tend to get..there getting alot better now (pea size vrses 1/2 dollar size ) good luck xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• hmmmm tabbys4, my lumps were never that painful...thank goodness....I noticed them, and they were a bit tender to the touch but not bad.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• doc told me what it was called.. its been so long.. but it started with an h and ended with an issis.. ( meaning infection ) just if it feels warm, painful, gets bigger, tell doc. and if it "leaks" clean cloth to clean it. i wish i could remember the full name but it was a big name again started with an h..but it could be other things like cloged floical.in grown hair..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Oooooo, mine never leaked...I believe mine was a clogged follicle....he said from deodorant....mine sounds different.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• mom2twobabes...your lucky xo one day pea size lump next day full blown pain i couldnt do dishes or pick up my dd sleep..i cried alot. and it got big to the point i couldnt put my arm fully down. and then one day i got one "there" thought in grown hair but 2 days later huge lump i couldnt sit or even moved it was horrible. i now have 2 razors one for arm the other for "the area" disposible of corse so i can toss them after a shave. have noticed though if im really stressed i start to get one underarm...so i learned to calm and so far so good it hasent been that bad for about 4 years now.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It could be a cyst, that may go away in a few weeks. Still a wise idea to get it checked.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I had this and it turned out to be fibristic breasts... some antipersperants and deoderants can make it worse so you have to be careful what you are using.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009