Would you???

Let your child's father continue to be in their life if they never contribute anything??? No money, no birthday/christmas gifts, nothing... not even a visit when he says he is going to visit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• If he wants to, then he should still get a chance to see them. I don't think I'd let him take them on his own, but meeting in the park so that he could watch them play, or informing him of school events, or other events, yes, it would be a good thing to do to let him see his children. It would be the kind, generous, thing to do. Besides, on a strictly material level, if he never sees them, he'll never realize a bond that urges something in his conscience to help support them. Seeing them might jump start a sense of responsibility. Also, from the other direction, if the children never see him they'll build up this superman image of him instead of the human being that he is.

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• No. Being a parent is a privilege, not a right. He should be grateful he gets to witness the life of a brand new person form . If he doesn't see what a gift that is, you shouldn't bother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If all that nothing is going on, how is he still in their lives? I guess I don't understand.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 8:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• if he's not helping in any way, mostly with their emotional well being, my answer would be no
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• He should be paying child support. I'd file and make him pay. If he doesn't like it, he can sign off his rights. I hope you aren't telling them he's going to come when he says and then let them down when he doesn't. You keep that to yourself. If he wants to keep being in their life, he may one day come around. I was raised by a man not my bio dad and my mother, I never felt unloved because of it.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• it's your fault he doesn't pay. Have the court make him pay. He has a right to see them though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• my babies father is not in her life and things are good for me.dont feel bad its not your falt, its hiss hes missing out on the good things.
    sexypoca

Answer by sexypoca at 10:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2009